Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Peterdenmark
LKW-Fotografierer

Webasto HL 3030 starts then dies

#1 Beitrag von Peterdenmark » 2016-02-29 23:38:09

Hi!

The old cabin heater is giving problems and we are in Marokko.

Since I bought the truck I have had to start the unit two times before it stayed on. Now it will start on the second try but then it just goes out even though there is plenty of heat coming from the unit.

I am thinking that it could be the thermosichrung? The unit apparently runs fine. Lots of hot air for 30 seconds and then just stops without cooldown or anything, just stops immidatly.

Is there a way to bypass this?

I have allready had the whole unit taken apart and cleaned the nozzles and the combustion chamber. Everything is ok, a little carbon on the nozzles but the chamber appeared to be fine.

Hope that someone has a good idea :-)

sico
Forumsgeist

Re: Webasto HL 3030 starts then dies

#2 Beitrag von sico » 2016-03-01 10:45:10

hallo Peter,
the heater in my 170er Magirus worked the same way, as yours.
you have to dismount the heater partially and to clean the whole System.
Especially you shoult dismount the head of the combustion-chamber and clean off all the soot.
regards
Sico

PS.
You need no extra fuel pump for the new tanks.

Peterdenmark
LKW-Fotografierer

Re: Webasto HL 3030 starts then dies

#3 Beitrag von Peterdenmark » 2016-03-01 15:02:33

Hi Sico

I already cleaned everything but I have found out that both temperature sensors are dead.

They are simple On/Off devices and they are linked in series. If one or the other does not activate the heater will stop at once with no cool down cycle.

I have had to bypass both, by simply connecting the wires. This will let the heater work, but it will not turn off because it does not get the signal that it is cold enough to turn off. So the cooldown cycle does not end.

I have therefore made a switch so that I can turn it off manually by simply disconnecting the temperature sensors with the switch (after it has cooled down enough off course).

Thank you for the tip with the new tanks, do you also know why there are three fuel lines?

Best regards Peter

Antworten