Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
WOODSMAN
süchtig

Fridge. Freezer. Cooker. Shower.

#1 Beitrag von WOODSMAN » 2011-12-22 12:01:38

There seems to be such a confusing range of Fridge. Freezer. Cooker. Shower. systems on the market that I would like to know which brands are considered reliable and economic to use.

We have seen 12V. 24V. Butane-Propane Gas/LPG. Diesel. versions.

I know some on the forum live in the vehicles all the seasons and would like to know experience on which systems work with least hassle.

:eek:
Zuletzt geändert von WOODSMAN am 2012-01-04 1:01:36, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

WOODSMAN
süchtig

Re: Fridge. Freezer. Cooker. Shower. Heating.

#2 Beitrag von WOODSMAN » 2011-12-27 0:43:12

Does no one use these in trucks? Woodstove and a bucket of water for a shower then. :lol:

OliverM
Säule des Forums

#3 Beitrag von OliverM » 2011-12-27 1:52:52

WOODSMAN hat geschrieben: Woodstove and a bucket of water for a shower then. :lol:
-Exactly . :D

Fridge and Freezer : http://www.minus40.co.za/category.php?cat_id=5

Heating : Woodstove

cooking: http://www.coleman.eu/DE/p-23734-2-flam ... eaded.aspx

Lights : http://www.coleman.eu/DE/p-22748-northstar.aspx

Why do English men drink warm Beer ? Because Lucas also builds Fridges . :lol:

greetings

Oliver
Wir leben in einer Zeit , in der die Klugheit schweigen soll, weil sich die Dummheit durch die Wahrheit beleidigt fühlen könnte....

WOODSMAN
süchtig

#4 Beitrag von WOODSMAN » 2011-12-27 17:51:50

OliverM hat geschrieben:
WOODSMAN hat geschrieben: Woodstove and a bucket of water for a shower then. :lol:
-Exactly . :D

Fridge and Freezer : http://www.minus40.co.za/category.php?cat_id=5

Heating : Woodstove

cooking: http://www.coleman.eu/DE/p-23734-2-flam ... eaded.aspx

Lights : http://www.coleman.eu/DE/p-22748-northstar.aspx

Why do English men drink warm Beer ? Because Lucas also builds Fridges . :lol:

greetings

Oliver
Thanks for the use "links" and the nice Jokes. I like ice cold apple scrumpy :D

We have a sweatshirt here with "Joseph Lucas home before dark" :D :D

roman-911
Forumsgeist

#5 Beitrag von roman-911 » 2011-12-27 21:45:15

woodsman hat geschrieben:We have a sweatshirt here with "Joseph Lucas home before dark"
as owner of an 1963 Volvo P-1800 S i had to realize that everything on this beautiful car is build in sweden
except the electricity...it´s lucas...F***!

the only engineered electrified darkness i´ve ever (not) seen... :dry:

grüsse roman
Schrauberkollektiv Kollbach
Teile was Du hast...sonst teilt Dich was Du bist

dutcharry
Überholer

#6 Beitrag von dutcharry » 2011-12-27 22:11:30

Hallo Roman,

Lucas nennt mann in England nicht umsonst "Prince of darkness".

Mann 'riecht' sofort Morris Marina, Austin Maxis und Rover 3500 und fängt an Sicherungen zu suchen in der Hosentasche....

Harry

OliverM
Säule des Forums

#7 Beitrag von OliverM » 2011-12-27 22:41:06

dutcharry hat geschrieben:Hallo Roman,

Lucas nennt mann in England nicht umsonst "Prince of darkness".

Mann 'riecht' sofort Morris Marina, Austin Maxis und Rover 3500 und fängt an Sicherungen zu suchen in der Hosentasche....

Harry
Nein , Nein Lucas ist der einzige Hersteller , der Energie durch schwarzen Rauch in kleinen Schläuchen überträgt . Das kann man genau sehen wenn die Ummantelung des Schlauches kaputt geht denn dort entweicht der schwarze Rauch dann durch das entstandene Loch .

Grüße

Oliver
Wir leben in einer Zeit , in der die Klugheit schweigen soll, weil sich die Dummheit durch die Wahrheit beleidigt fühlen könnte....

Transporter
abgefahren

#8 Beitrag von Transporter » 2011-12-28 23:11:22

@Roman:
roman-911 hat geschrieben:the only engineered electrified darkness i´ve ever (not) seen... :dry:grüsse roman
Lucas denies having engineered darkness. But they still claim "sudden, unexpected darkness" :lol: :lol:

Grüße,

Transporter
Uebertragungswagen Filmarchiv:
http://www.youtube.de/user/uebertragungswagen

WOODSMAN
süchtig

#9 Beitrag von WOODSMAN » 2012-01-03 0:17:54

:lol: Now back to topic please as I do need to know which are the best ones to use in a cabin. :eek: I know all about woodstoves but not much on the fridge/cooker/freezer/shower models available.

LutzB
Trucker-Urgestein

#10 Beitrag von LutzB » 2012-01-03 10:39:07

dutcharry hat geschrieben:Lucas nennt mann in England nicht umsonst "Prince of darkness"
I met Lucas as the "Lord of the dark Lights". Sometimes i was been a Lucas-disaster victim on nightly rural roads without streetlighting. A bike (my Triumph) with no spark or no lights. The half of the battle was thats always a slack joint the direct cause of delay was been.
But it's history - with new cables, connectors and the replacement of other critical Lucas-equipment.

Lutz
We come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow (Immigrant Song, Page/Plant)

Mit den Menschen ist es wie mit den Autos, Laster sind schwer zu bremsen.(Heinz Erhardt)

WOODSMAN
süchtig

Re: Fridge. Freezer. Cooker. Shower.

#11 Beitrag von WOODSMAN » 2012-01-04 1:04:33

Booze bottles in the river to keep cool then? :lol:

No one on the forum use a mobile freezer unit on long distance travel? :ohmy:

roman-911
Forumsgeist

#12 Beitrag von roman-911 » 2012-01-04 13:53:46

hi Woody...

if serious cooling is needed (boozecooling f.e.) a compressor fridge box is the only way...
i prefer "Engel- boxes" because of quality reasons...
very expensiv, but mine is around 20 years old and works still like "new"...
cools down to -18 ° C no matter what circumstances (electricity 12 V - 240 V presumed)

same goes for a freezer...some boxes are both...

grüsse roman
Schrauberkollektiv Kollbach
Teile was Du hast...sonst teilt Dich was Du bist

rost64
neues Mitglied

#13 Beitrag von rost64 » 2012-01-29 20:45:11

A tribute to Sir Joseph Lucas:

http://www.hummingbirds.net/lucas/index.html

Gruß,
Rolf

WOODSMAN
süchtig

#14 Beitrag von WOODSMAN » 2012-01-31 2:29:27

WOODSMAN hat geschrieben:There seems to be such a confusing range of Fridge. Freezer. Cooker. Shower. systems on the market that I would like to know which brands are considered reliable and economic to use.

We have seen 12V. 24V. Butane-Propane Gas/LPG. Diesel. versions.

I know some on the forum live in the vehicles all the seasons and would like to know experience on which systems work with least hassle.

:eek:
The pressure to find the solution on this info is high in view of the Norwegian issue. :eek: Thanks for the advice on the fridge.

dare2go
abgefahren

#15 Beitrag von dare2go » 2012-01-31 9:34:07

Hi, Woodsman, bugger them with their silly jokes :joke:

I can confirm the thing with the ENGEL box, probably best box around... Although: I'm seriously considering to build my own, parts can be found here — it works out cheaper, and you can make it any size (w/in limits) you like...

Heaters and water heating: very complex issue, maybe first set up a profile of your estimated usage...
No, I don't want to be a "pain in the butt", but there are a number of heaters on the market which use the water circuit of your engine cooling system to (pre-)heat your camper cabin and shower water; they are of no use to you if you don't want to drive frequently (eg use your truck more as a home than a travel vehicle...).
Will you have access to 230 Volt power (at least frequently)? Solar panels don't work that well with a foot of snow on them, most heaters rely on power for either pump or fan, or both...
Do you want to spend an entire winter in your vehicle/camper? Then it might be worthwhile to consider under floor heating with water pipes laid into your floor (seriously!) — I'd say it's me more cozy and not much more expensive to run, but the investment will be higher.
You see: a profile of your heating requirements would be a good starting point; then you can ask more precise questions, or search this forum and WoMobox.
A wood heater is not such an uncommon sight in campers; different countries have different regulations (as far as I read even different states w/in Germany).

Also: budget limitations are a good thing to make public — the "sky is the limit" will get you a lot of silly answers...
Best buy a ready-built luxury camper for a sheikh in Saudi Arabia or Oman - the like of UNIKAT come to mind.

Stoves for cooking: diesel stoves are available, but they heat very slowly, and (despite what everybody claims) still smell a bit. They also have issues with altitude. Most common option would be a propane cooker; unfortunately the ones commonly used in RVs (and carrying proper certifications) usually have low output-burners = no good to cook things in a wok for example. If you search in boating supplies you can find nice gas stoves with minimum 3kW burners (RV cookers have at best 1.5kW - not straight forward to actually find this information), but in Germany it can become difficult to get approval for these (it has been done, though), GB might be different (in the unified EU - LOL).
Again: SVB (link above) could be a starting point to look for such stoves, then you can compare with offerings in GB.

I hope this helped a bit... :search:

Final question: do you know the Silkroute club in England? Many knowledgable people there (and some airheads, like everywhere) — might be very helpful to you with more GB-relevant searches and/or questions: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/silkrouteclub

Thumbs up from down under!
Mit bestem Gruss

Jürgen

------------------------------
Wenn Ihr mehr über uns wissen wollt unsere alte "Vorstellung": http://bit.ly/Ai6EQR

2006-2009 von Alaska bis Ushaia/Südamerika, 2014-2018 nochmals mit MB1019AF.
Danach Europa, Marokko, Türkei mit MB Vario und demselben ausgebauten FM2.
Blog: http://dare2go.com/

WOODSMAN
süchtig

#16 Beitrag von WOODSMAN » 2012-01-31 14:04:55

Thanks for this info. Jokes are fine :joke: as life would be boring without laughter and people like the trucks on this forum are all different!

All seasons use I think including in -30C with snow. Need simple method of showers at end of working period. Cooking/heating on woodstove as much free logs available. (must have window to view relaxing flames)

Good headroom and storage for clothes, food, tools,large dog.

Antworten