Anyone knowing Mercedes-Benz 917 AF 4x4 Koffer / 26 Sitze ?

Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
groentas
infiziert
Anyone knowing Mercedes-Benz 917 AF 4x4 Koffer / 26 Sitze ?

#1 Beitrag von groentas » 2011-04-20 10:03:58

There are some brown spots on the koffer, indicating that it's made of steel.
With a koffer-length of 6m that might indicate that it'll be to heavy for a camper limited to 7.5 ton.
And there will be a lot of job to defend rust, of course.

Bild
Bild
Bild
Grønntass

Udo (DL 8 WP)
Überholer

#2 Beitrag von Udo (DL 8 WP) » 2011-04-20 11:13:50

Hi Groentas,

look into your old thread, I have given you a link to another 917.

This one seems "quite big" to handle - I would always prefere to stay shorter than 7 m total lengh (ferry boat costs ... and super market parking lots... check the "turming radius" of a longer car !) and the entrance door of the cabin is not good for driving off road. Cabin has a big overhang in the back, windows seem to be single glass (?).

Car seems to eat oil, there was an oil canister to be seem in the passengers cab on another picture - I think I saw this car already in Mobile de (?).

besides that a nice car if you can live with that.

Regards,

Udo (DL 8 WP)

Pirx
Säule des Forums
#3 Beitrag von Pirx » 2011-04-20 15:16:45

Der mit der Zweigangachse: 15 Vorwärtsgänge, 3 Rückwärtsgänge, Split, Schnellgang, Differentialsperre
---
"Immer bedenken: Hilfe ist keine Einbahnstrasse, Geholfen-Werden ist kein Recht und es liegt an jedem selbst, inwieweit er sich hier in der Gemeinschaft (die im Extremfall so einiges gemeinsam schafft) involviert und einbringt."
Ein Unimog-Fahrer.

groentas
infiziert
#4 Beitrag von groentas » 2011-04-20 20:48:29

Interesting vehicle, Pirx.
It weight over 7 ton, so hopefully it'll be possible to remove some heavy stuff.
The engine is only 97kw (132 hp), so I think the engine might be to week.
Grønntass

groentas
infiziert
#5 Beitrag von groentas » 2011-04-20 21:01:12

Udo (DL 8 WP) hat geschrieben: This one seems "quite big" to handle - I would always prefere to stay shorter than 7 m total lengh (ferry boat costs ... and super market parking lots... check the "turming radius" of a longer car !) and the entrance door of the cabin is not good for driving off road. Cabin has a big overhang in the back, windows seem to be single glass (?).

Car seems to eat oil, there was an oil canister to be seem in the passengers cab on another picture - I think I saw this car already in Mobile de (?).
I'm also concerned about the size (and weight). It should be ideal for an organization transporting tourists on Iceland or similar.

The lowest step on the entrance stair would have to be removed / lifted one step. If possible the door should be lifted to, rather than cut off. I suppose that'll be easier than lowerig the door on a koffer with flat floor.

The pictures are from mobile, yes. There's a yellow there to, which har run much longer but is much more expencive. That indicates that you're right about technical problems with the blue one. The yellow has better finish to.
Grønntass

dare2go
abgefahren
#6 Beitrag von dare2go » 2011-04-20 23:42:10

A lot of these are being used for "Adventure Backpacker" tours, going off-road in South-America and Africa. Young drivers, young passengers, lots of parties, tight schedule, little maintenance, and difficult part supplies in in some regions... So their condition, when they come up for sale, mightn't be the best anymore!
See Toucan Travel and other companies (yellow indicates it might be Toucan).
Mit bestem Gruss

Jürgen

------------------------------
Wenn Ihr mehr über uns wissen wollt unsere alte "Vorstellung": http://bit.ly/Ai6EQR

2006-2009 von Alaska bis Ushaia/Südamerika, 2014-2018 nochmals mit MB1019AF.
Danach Europa, Marokko, Türkei mit MB Vario und demselben ausgebauten FM2.
Blog: http://dare2go.com/

Antworten