Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Magicvehicle
Selbstlenker
Zweifel am Chassis, freie Entfernung zum Boden

#1 Beitrag von Magicvehicle » 2018-03-11 7:56:52

Moin
hello I keep reading and informing myself to get the best chassis. Apparently if I have a clear distance between the axles, we want to achieve a 5 meter box, but would not know which trucks have a greater free distance to the ground? Evidently good tires do their job, but between Mercedes, man, iveco-magirus etc, what chassis stands out for having greater ground clearance? Thank you very much :unwuerdig: I am learning a lot from this forum! regards

Ulf H
Rauchsäule des Forums

Re: Zweifel am Chassis, freie Entfernung zum Boden

#2 Beitrag von Ulf H » 2018-03-11 8:57:55

... wich „Bodenfreiheit“ do you mean? ... https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodenfreiheit ...

... like on first picture under one axle or like on second picture between the axles ...

... first dependes on:
— „Potalachse“ e.g. used in Unimog or normal axle ...
— how big the bubble for the differential gearbox is ...
— the wheelsize ...

... second depends on:
— the wheelbase ...
— how deep patrs of the car are, usualy the transfer gear box, but often tank or „Trittbrett“ ...
— the wheelsize ...

If you have a 4 wheel drive chassis with single tires ground clearence will bee better than the cars locals use for their tansport ... to optimize ground clearence is only nessercary for heavey off road use especially rock crawling ...

Gruss Ulf
Ein Problem, welches mit Bordmitteln zu beheben ist, ist keines !!!

Hanomag, der mit dem vollnussigen Kaltlaufsound !!

Sisu (finnisch) die positivste Umschreibung für Dickschädel.

Da ist man ständig dran die Karren zu verbessern, schlechter werden sie ganz von alleine.

Magirus-Deutz 170D11FA ... Bild in Cinemascope extrabreit, Sound in 6-kanal Dolby 8.5 ...

Till
abgefahren

#3 Beitrag von Till » 2018-03-11 9:02:20

Hello Magicvehicle,

If we're talking only about chassis differences e.g. Unimog and the Renault TRM have the biggest distance to the ground. In general: vehicles with portal axles have more distance than other axle versions. But in the end it's not only the axle, its mainly about tires. And a Truck with straight axles and very big tires can get more distance than a unimog. The most of the people here changed the small original tires into bigger tires (for several reasons). There are, depending on the vehicle, different parameters to respect when doing this.

Sorry, no general answer :angel:

Best regards,

Till

Till
abgefahren

#4 Beitrag von Till » 2018-03-11 9:07:56

Ulf was faster with answering... i supposed that you thougt already about all those reflections Ulf is speaking of. But its right that he brings all this into the (very complicate) discussion.

It would be easier if you'd say, what you want to do, and we make some vehicle proposals :D

Regards,

Till

Magicvehicle
Selbstlenker

#5 Beitrag von Magicvehicle » 2018-03-11 11:32:38

Wow your response incredibly fast !!
I want to not get into trouble, and if I get out of them myself!
We are a couple that we want to travel and live long seasons or years in a housing truck.
The idea is a vehicle with primitive technology, and that its consumption is contained. Up to now we have considered several possible chassis. As mentioned, we want to achieve 5 meters of housing, for this we have set ourselves in several Mercedes models for its worldwide reliability, from 1113 classic to 1224 af. Then in second position this iveco 110-17, also attracts us the long nose (magirus-iveco) 120-16, but I think it is not long enough true? :S
For the information that I am collecting, it seems that it is interesting a wheelbase between 3.80m and 3.90m for greater maneuverability, that the weight is not too high! to avoid nailing (about 12,000kg with work would be fine).
Well, there are really many options, but I want to choose the most appropriate one. Of course I like Man kat, Unimog and other machines, but for a Spanish salary it's too much! Hehe, as you will have appreciated around here there are very few trucks, now there are many more people in camper 4x2.
I have experience in truck driver, but I have never driven any 4x4 and there is none to prove it .. (tears) hehe
What do you recommend? Greetings and thanks for everything :)

Ulf H
Rauchsäule des Forums

#6 Beitrag von Ulf H » 2018-03-11 12:14:30

... the measurements influencing off road performance are not very different between the trucks you mentioned ... but thats no wonder beaucause they are all 4 WD Models developed from the big series 2 WD model ... all from the same time around 1980 years ... they are all from the same total weight class, 12 t ...

... special cars for off road use are often special consructions for the aemee e.g. MAN Kat. I ... Unimog also counts to this category, but was used civil and in armee with the most models ... these cars normay have better off road performance as the normal trucks from chapter one ...

... with modifications as big single wheels and a good fundation for the living box you can increase the performance of a chapter one truck close to one from chapter two in the configuration leaving the producer ...

... I transpsport my single home, so I will drive carefully enough not to destroy it ...

... even on my journey thru russia to mongolia 4 WD was only needed for some single kilometers out of 45.000 most of them to due of snow ... the heaviest part in mongolia I hab to drive in 2 WD mode beaucause of demages ... the second car there was much mure better than 4 WD ... for treveling 4 WD is nice to have but not nessercary ...

Gruss Ulf

Da ist man ständig dran die Karren zu verbessern, schlechter werden sie ganz von alleine.

Magirus-Deutz 170D11FA ... Bild in Cinemascope extrabreit, Sound in 6-kanal Dolby 8.5 ...

Till
abgefahren

#7 Beitrag von Till » 2018-03-11 13:04:12

If you have a limited budget you should evitate 4WD and Mercedes :D
Actually for a lot of people in this internet-community 4WD is a 'nice to have' but not necessary for their way of traveling. We all have some kind of fascination about technics, so there is always some toy-atitude in the air. You have to see for yourself what you really need and what you really want. Try to make a realistic list integrating facts and emotions for getting a clearer idea of your point.

If you stay in the vehicle types you mentioned, there won't be a surprise and you can profite of a lot of experience of this community. If you take something else there will be less experience to relay on but more curiosity to support you. In any way it will work :spiel:

Best regards,

Till

Ulf H
Rauchsäule des Forums

#8 Beitrag von Ulf H » 2018-03-11 13:25:01

... with how many people do you want to travel. ... big dogs onboard? ...

Gruss Ulf

Magicvehicle
Selbstlenker

#9 Beitrag von Magicvehicle » 2018-03-11 13:44:10

I certainly understand your advice, the 4x4 has an extra cost and you have to pay for it! But we would like to see remote places in Africa, Asia or America. Other travelers also narrate on their trip that they spend months without really using all-wheel drive. But despite the expenses, I think it makes up for being able to get out of the traffic jam or get in to explore off the asphalt. They say that Mercedes is expensive, but it is true that if there are parts around the world, man or Iveco is more complicated. Some friends who do something very similar to what we would like, if they recommend the 4x4 despite being used very little. I pass your blog! They have also traveled around the world by sea, they are a reference for us.

http://calce-team.blogspot.com.es/?m=0

I guess Mercedes, despite being the n1 in our position, is also more expensive. On the other hand, less beautiful aesthetically but for that reason not less reliable, this Iveco or daf already, I give you some examples, i like this similiar.

http://www.toyo.ch/seite12.htm
http://weltcamper.blogspot.com.es/p/fahrzeug.html?m=1
http://www.expedition-trucks.com/broker ... conversion

postscript; It is my wife who has the last word, because I have a lot of energy and I am more survivor, I could go by bicycle! hehe, she needs some amenities!... :lovehead:

Antworten