Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
allan
neues Mitglied

iveco 110-16 camper refurb

#1 Beitrag von allan » 2012-01-21 20:58:52

Hi just wanted to share a few pictures of my refurb of a Iveco 110-16. This is as far as i have made it so far but im happy with the result. I had a bit of body work to be done on the cabin due to corrosion but got it sorted quite well so it should be a while before i would need to work on that again. It was a terrible job so i hope it will at least be a few years..... God how i hate to work in thin plating. Painting was fun though and im pleased with the result. Now on to the fun part with design and construction of the living quarters!

Feel free to comment in german if you have any comments or suggestions. I fully understand but just struggle with the gramma so can not write it!!

gruess Allan aus Sunderlygum in Nord Friesland.
How i got it
How i got it
frame painting after rust removal
frame painting after rust removal
final coat "staub grau" makes any leaks or defects easily identifiable, and by the way looks great!
final coat "staub grau" makes any leaks or defects easily identifiable, and by the way looks great!
Fahrer haus priming coat after filler and sanding any steel repairs
Fahrer haus priming coat after filler and sanding any steel repairs
Final coat. Not sure about the colour, not so "sandy" i was hoping for but more baige.....
Final coat. Not sure about the colour, not so "sandy" i was hoping for but more baige.....
This is where i am now. Will not do anything inside the cabin for now but move on to the construction of the container. I will make it 6 meter long and only 2,3 meter wide as i dont want a to "fat" look once on the truck:-)
This is where i am now. Will not do anything inside the cabin for now but move on to the construction of the container. I will make it 6 meter long and only 2,3 meter wide as i dont want a to "fat" look once on the truck:-)

Deutzinside
LKW-Fotografierer

Re: iveco 110-16 camper refurb

#2 Beitrag von Deutzinside » 2012-01-21 22:46:12

Nice Color.................... :D
Der Vorteil der Klugheit besteht darin,dass man sich dumm stellen kann.Umgekehrt ist,s schon schwieriger.

pvirkus
infiziert

#3 Beitrag von pvirkus » 2012-01-21 22:54:19

Nice Car - Good work :rock:

Alter Schwede
süchtig

#4 Beitrag von Alter Schwede » 2012-01-21 23:49:30

Well done, sophisticated work! Thumbs!

Grettings

Uwe
Wenn einer eine Reise tut, ist er klar im Vorteil

WOODSMAN
süchtig

#5 Beitrag von WOODSMAN » 2012-01-22 2:45:54

Good sized workshop to use.

rallytruckschrauber
süchtig

#6 Beitrag von rallytruckschrauber » 2012-01-22 8:47:39

Hey Allan,

nice work,nice car...and welcome here:-)
I hope I see you been to a truck meeting.

Best regards Stefan
Wenn Du nicht mit dem zufrieden bist ....was Du hast,dann wärst Du auch nicht mit dem zufrieden .....was Du bekommen könntest

Veit M
Allrad-Philosoph

#7 Beitrag von Veit M » 2012-01-22 20:16:27

Looks nice. :)
The light color on frame and axles will help to see something. With black color this is always like a black hole.

Good luck with the shelter. With 6m you will have plenty of space.

Have a nice day.

Veit

MarkusG
abgefahren

#8 Beitrag von MarkusG » 2012-01-22 23:31:05

The Truck is OK :D
Gruß Markus
Oberfranken/Bayern/Deutschland

pairospam
süchtig

#9 Beitrag von pairospam » 2012-01-23 15:59:02

Hi, Allan:

Nice truck and pretty nice job for sure.
How did you manage to clean the frame and components before painting? Did you dissasemble them?
I am having a hell of work taking off the cables, piping, tecalans and some supports to clean every corner before even thinking of painting my own truck.

Cheers.

Pairoa

Uwe
Forenteam

#10 Beitrag von Uwe » 2012-01-23 16:40:27

MarkusG hat geschrieben:The Truck is OK :D
Für einen Oberfranken die höchste Form des Lobs :D *duckundweg*
Sa construction rustique permet de le confier aux mains les plus inexpertes.
-------------------------------------------
Shit. - What? - Rollers... - No. - Yeah. - Shit.

allan
neues Mitglied

#11 Beitrag von allan » 2012-01-28 18:29:38

Hi Pairospam,

For the preparations, i think you are overdoing it by removing all the cables etc. I also have to restrain myself from not going overboard and take all appart to make it perfect. I dont know the condition of your truck but mine was with only minimal rust in a few places. Taking everything appart will only risk that it will start leaking etc when assembled again. Especially the air system i dont want to mess with.

I used a HP steam cleaner for everything and with the 125 degree celcius steam, it removes all grease, tar and even rust scale and loose paint. I used a cup steel brush on an angle grinder to remove any remaining rust and that was it. For very tricky spots on the transmission etc i used a hobby sand blasting gun.

For the painting, i used marine paint from Hempel as it is far better than what you get from a normal paint shop and buying for a complete truck in a local car paint shop will cost a fortune. Use to different colors for the primer though, it makes the job so much better if you can see any corners etc not covered by the second layer. A spray gun will make the job almost fun and so much better than a brush. It also allows you to apply a thicker layer of paint. The marine paint also helps here as it does not have the tendency to run as easy as other paints.

rgds Allan

pairospam
süchtig

#12 Beitrag von pairospam » 2012-01-30 17:08:55

Hi Allan:

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately it seems that my truck had worked for the last thirty years without too much care from his owners and even if the rust is quiet important the dirt and the oil/grease/dirt issue is very important as well. As I quoted, for a good job I can do do no less than take everything off, no matter if I am happy or not doing it. I have to make order and to clean all the components of the brake system so I have to disassemble everything too, so I will have to deal with leaks if I have to. Life is hard.
But you gave me a good idea for I had not thought about using a steam power washer before and that could be a nice thing to do to clean some pretty nasty difficult-to-reach corners.
It can be seen that you have worked a lot on your truck and the result is quiet excellent.
Enjoy the rest of the building and let us know.

Cheers.

Pairoa

allan
neues Mitglied

#13 Beitrag von allan » 2012-05-19 12:14:07

Hi,

Set back by work quite a bit (what a waste of time..... ;) but finally got a long weekend to get the cabin started. Went quite well and im happy with the proportions and progress. The plating solution will give me no visible rivets and it will end up looking quite "clean" with only an angle on the top and bottom. Need to find a nice one like the trucks have on the reefer boxes though.

A few pictures of the progress so far:
Dateianhänge
Niebüll-20120512-00074.jpg
Note the 50x50 profiles are only tagged in place for stength during welding but will be moved to where the plates join each other.
Note the 50x50 profiles are only tagged in place for stength during welding but will be moved to where the plates join each other.
plates are bend 25mm on both sides and will come together at the 50x50 steel profiles and rivetted together into the steel profile. This should give a clean snug fit without visible rivets.
plates are bend 25mm on both sides and will come together at the 50x50 steel profiles and rivetted together into the steel profile. This should give a clean snug fit without visible rivets.
Spare tire fold down bracket and a platform for a dirt bike will be fitted later
Spare tire fold down bracket and a platform for a dirt bike will be fitted later
Cant get along with the baige i think..... think i found another color called "pfeffer3" i like a lot better so will have to re-paint....
Cant get along with the baige i think..... think i found another color called "pfeffer3" i like a lot better so will have to re-paint....
Checking the brackets and marking up for the holes. Also checking if i like the proportions compared to the truck and think it works out great.
Checking the brackets and marking up for the holes. Also checking if i like the proportions compared to the truck and think it works out great.
Made a F/U with the brackets and had to re-do them. This should work though. 10mm plate with box profile inbetween.
Made a F/U with the brackets and had to re-do them. This should work though. 10mm plate with box profile inbetween.
Frame comming together
Frame comming together

Antworten