Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Joaquin Suave
neues Mitglied
Die Teile für meine 1419

#1 Beitrag von Joaquin Suave » 2007-04-19 17:12:41

können, welche Sie, geben Kerle mir die Namen einiger Wiedergewinnungyards, daß ich einige Teile für mein 1419 finden kann?

Kami
Forumsgeist

#2 Beitrag von Kami » 2007-04-19 17:22:02

hello,

i think it is better if you are writing in english -cause this translation is bad (I think it is from an translation bot).
If you want to learn german it is the best thing if you write in english and German - so sb can help you with the german grammar.

Regards

Kami

PS: I think everybody will understand what you mean - but it sounds funny....

PPS: Your post in German (not 100% formal but like everybody is writing in a board like this)

"Könnte mir jemand von euch die Namen einiger Schrottplätze/Verwerter nennen, wo ich Teile für meinen 1419 finden kann"
Zuletzt geändert von Kami am 2007-04-19 17:22:48, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Wer in keinster weise etwas verrückt ist und deshalb denkt er wäre normal, der irrt.

Ulf H
Rauchsäule des Forums

#3 Beitrag von Ulf H » 2007-04-19 17:36:06

if you search in the forum (and the old one www.maggie-deutz.com) you will find some dealers for used truckparts especially at Hamburg.

Gruß Ulf
Zuletzt geändert von Ulf H am 2007-04-19 17:59:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ein Problem, welches mit Bordmitteln zu beheben ist, ist keines !!!

Hanomag, der mit dem vollnussigen Kaltlaufsound !!

Sisu (finnisch) die positivste Umschreibung für Dickschädel.

Da ist man ständig dran die Karren zu verbessern, schlechter werden sie ganz von alleine.

Magirus-Deutz 170D11FA ... Bild in Cinemascope extrabreit, Sound in 6-kanal Dolby 8.5 ...

Uwe
Forenteam
#4 Beitrag von Uwe » 2007-04-19 17:55:00

Dear Joaquin,

you may ask here: http://www.nth-hamburg.de/eng/index.html

Easiest way to get a bush bar and a cab rack is to build it yourself. I think none of the cab racks of the trucks I know is a standard part. Bush bars and air snorkels were rather seldom when the NG was a common truck here in europe, so you have to have quite a portion of good luck to find these parts at first go.

Perhaps Joe has a hint where to find a snorkel as far as I know he searched quite a time to find the one he mounted on his 1217.

Uwe

PS @ Ulf: Dein Tip wäre was gewesen, wenn Du die Suchwörter mitgeliefert hättest, als nicht Deutschsprechender tut man sich ohne Hilfe bei der Suche wohl etwas schwer...
Zuletzt geändert von Uwe am 2007-04-19 17:57:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Sa construction rustique permet de le confier aux mains les plus inexpertes.
-------------------------------------------
Shit. - What? - Rollers... - No. - Yeah. - Shit.

Ulf H
Rauchsäule des Forums

#5 Beitrag von Ulf H » 2007-04-19 18:01:31

Uwe hat geschrieben:PS @ Ulf: Dein Tip wäre was gewesen, wenn Du die Suchwörter mitgeliefert hättest, als nicht Deutschsprechender tut man sich ohne Hilfe bei der Suche wohl etwas schwer...
o.k. look here: http://www.maggie-deutz.com/iv/index.ph ... t&p=103382
or search for "Verwerter"

Gruß Ulf
Ein Problem, welches mit Bordmitteln zu beheben ist, ist keines !!!

Hanomag, der mit dem vollnussigen Kaltlaufsound !!

Sisu (finnisch) die positivste Umschreibung für Dickschädel.

Da ist man ständig dran die Karren zu verbessern, schlechter werden sie ganz von alleine.

Magirus-Deutz 170D11FA ... Bild in Cinemascope extrabreit, Sound in 6-kanal Dolby 8.5 ...

Joaquin Suave
neues Mitglied
#6 Beitrag von Joaquin Suave » 2007-04-19 18:35:37

Sorry about that guys!

I used an on-line translator. I'm having a hell of a time finding any parts for my new truck.

English from now on...I promise!

Joe
abgefahren
#7 Beitrag von Joe » 2007-04-19 20:35:25

Hi Joaquin,

because Uwe mentioned the snorkel mounted on Big Foot I want to comment:
First of all, lots of information about modifications you can find in English on my website, e. g. the "snorkel issue" is here:
http://www.gertenbach.info/e_big%20foot%2031.htm

So please allow me to repeat the most important part of the text from that page:
So the first thing is the air snorkel issue! Because of a friendly hint from a person from a web forum (thanks to Klaus) - who has as well a Mercedes and in his Avatar I recognized the air snorkel – I got the address of a dealer of used trucks and truck parts (LKW-Stietzel) http://www.lkw-stietzel.de, pls. look as well Big Foot links) where I bought the unit for Big Foot. Prior to be spammed with request: I got the last one they had! My search hint: Look for companies close to you dealing with used trucks or parts of them and visit them. To call them in advance does not make sense from my point of view. 1. Some may not want to sell to end-customers because of the European warranty clauses 2. Due to my expe rience they don’t know, what they have in stock! (Same applied for me: I arrived there and explained what I am looking for which caused a sceptical look. Thanks to Klaus I had a full description in which of their halls and where to look. Unfortunately there weren’t any left. Finally we went outside to the cabin wrecks and on one of them there was one final air snorkel!)
So do to my experience your search here localy online or by phone will not be successful - sorry! The only chance would be to ask someone to go himself to such a company and check for you, buy it (would require your cash in front for him plus your trust in him that he makes the right decission for YOU, etc. etc.) and then send it. Most of the parts are bulky and therefore the shipping costs would be due to dimension (m³) and not due to the real weight! That would result in tremendous shipping costs on top of all the other problems!
Mit lieben Grüßen von der Nahe
Joe

Die "private" Seite ist unter www.gertenbach.mobi zu finden.

Veho Ergo Sum // Feinstaub ist doch Kinderkram - Grobstaub!!

Joaquin Suave
neues Mitglied
#8 Beitrag von Joaquin Suave » 2007-04-19 23:37:00

Thanks Joe! I'll go over your site with a "fine toothed comb"!

makabrios
Forumsgeist

#9 Beitrag von makabrios » 2007-04-20 11:28:51

Joaquin Suave hat geschrieben:Sorry about that guys!

I used an on-line translator. I'm having a hell of a time finding any parts for my new truck.

English from now on...I promise!
Buenos Dias Joaquin.

Please continue with your German! I really liked it. Seriously! Don´t be sorry for it. There is quite a number of people living over here who are doing much worse in German language. Your fresh style was understandable at least for me and produced a happy smile on my face.

Regarding your rig: Mercedes pruduced two different 1419 with the same chassis. They were the turbinated 5.7litre in line six and the nat asp. 9.6litre V6. As much as I know the smaller Engine was not sold with 4x4 configuration.
It is probably unimportant for your purposes as I presume that your baby should have the V6 . But small details could differ between these two conversions. I just wanted to mention it.

lion-burger
Selbstlenker
#10 Beitrag von lion-burger » 2007-04-20 11:39:31

Try at this place! These guys are really good:
Lorenzen (lkw verwertung)
0049 40 7323661
They are (nearly) only working for export... I think they can help you.

---

Or have a look here:
http://www.alga.de/eng/default.htm

Good Luck!

Leon :cool:
Es ist nicht leicht gegen den Strom zu schwimmen, aber manchmal ist es der einzige Weg.

Joaquin Suave
neues Mitglied
#11 Beitrag von Joaquin Suave » 2007-04-20 17:58:36

Please continue with your German! I really liked it. Seriously!
Ok! You asked for it!

Ich jage für Helgas unten am lokalen Walmart :D

My 1419 has the v-6 in it with G3/90-8/9.29 8-speed transmission. I heard that the former owners broke the transmission and couldn't find one in the US, so they imported one from Germany. Mercedes USA wouldn't swap the transmission for them, so they flew over a mechanic to do the work!!!

So, now i have the truck with a transmission and clutch with ZERO KM on it and a truck with only 106,000 KM!

The truck was set up with a GIANT Woma pump powered by the motor through a Stiebel gearbox (1=1 ratio). The stiebel gearbox is bigger than the transfer-case in Casa Azul (my Ford WoMo). I am thinking of opening up the Stiebel gearbox and seeing if it can be modified to be used as a transfer-case. The only problem is that it would not have a low-range. Do you guys think that the low gear in the G/3-90 8/9.29 would be low enough for off-road conditions?

Also, Joe! NICE truck! Nice site!

Bild

Uwe
Forenteam
#12 Beitrag von Uwe » 2007-04-22 14:52:47

What is the maximum speed in the lowest gear without reduction? If it's not faster than 4 - 5 mph i think it's low enough, otherwise I would prefer a reduction.

Would an additional 4x4 be 'enough' for you?

Uwe

Joaquin Suave
neues Mitglied
#13 Beitrag von Joaquin Suave » 2007-04-22 20:40:59

Uwe wrote:
I not exactly sure what you mean, so I'll reply that what i think you mean...

NO!!! I admit it! I'm an expedition truck junkie! Here on the Central Coast of California, there are lot of middle aged guys the have a garage full of Harley's, and put on they're leather and go "zooming" up and down PCH (pacific coast highway). Honestly, i think its rather gay (calling richard smoker)! Personally, I rather wrench on a big 4x4 then load up the girlie & the "evil beasts" (my 2 Bouvies) and head down into the Baja outback to surf, explore, & swill tequila!
The problem is that I have been "exploding" the drive-line in Casa Azul. First it was the front hub-splines then u-joints, driveshafts, t-case input shaft, & now finally I broke the t-case IN HALF! :wack: :wack: :wack:

Don't get me wrong! I like working on big trucks....But this is getting a little old!

Granted, I drive the beach a lot (here and Mexico) and put my drive-line under a lot of load. I think that the primary problem is Casa's small motor (only 160 hp) and that I'm torquing my way through "situations" rather than using horsepower. (a good engineering debate)

So that all being said...I'm really hunting for a new truck to put the Casa Azul box on. I think the Ford was a good learning experience, however I think its time I got a "REAL" truck.
I LOVE how Mercedes designs & builds their vehicles! And as Jim says on his web-site...You can get Mercedes parts anywhere in the world.

EXCEPT in F*CKING United States. (I'll trade you all your Turks for our president.) :wack: :wack: :wack:

So i'm not sure what I'm going to do with the 1419. I have a heavy duty transfer-case (rockwell) I can fit it with (1=1/1=2), and I know where a REALLY NICE Marmon front drive axle is....So I have the 4x4 part under control, I guess I'm concerned about the other bit and pieces that could cost me a fortune in shipping from the EC.

Any Suggestions / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bild
Zuletzt geändert von Joaquin Suave am 2007-04-22 20:50:04, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

makabrios
Forumsgeist

#14 Beitrag von makabrios » 2007-04-22 21:36:00

Hi to the West Coast,

when I suggested you to buy a drive train I did not know that you already have a fairly new 8+1 speed transmission and the V6 engine.
They are quite reliable and were very common over here with dumpers i.e. modest off road use.
I don´t know anything about the siebel box which you intend to use as a transfer case. Important for you should be to find out about the max. torque input and output for this part. It could be that this would be too small to suit a drive axle. If you decide to go for the try and error method the result would be that you would have to fix an original transfer case.
But I don´t need to explain to you about Dr. Murphy :D
Anyway the lucky part of it is that in case of a breakdown the rig still stays 4x2 as it was before and gets you back home.

regarding the engine of casa azul I also think that the Ford and Chevy V8 diesel engines are too weak. Not because of the hp , but because the constructions themselves are converted gas engines and therefore structurally not designed to endure self ignition. The big bloc is a magnificent pick up gasoline engine in Ford and Chevy. Only Dodge sells in their Pickups with the Cummins an Engine which was designed for truck and construction machinery use.

Regards to Big Sur
Makabrios

Ps: What do you think about this kind of English just to fight back your German:"There is a strong train in the room. Please close the window!" :blush:

all(r)addin
Schlammschipper

#15 Beitrag von all(r)addin » 2007-04-22 21:47:42

Dear Joaquin...

I like a lot the design of your old truck!...I don't know about your financial situation, but probably you could also think of shipping the truck to Europa and get it modificated here (around 2-3000$ one way...) at least you'd find a lot of helping experts and used parts here..or the other idea is to buy a MB or Deutz 4x4 (starting from 4000$ or something) here in Europa and bring it back to the states...might be a problem with the US import reglementations but is also a good chance to get your 4x4 truck...I'm not sure about the pricing for used parts, but here in switzerland a used axle would also cost you at least 1600$...

Anyway..wish you good luck and maybe we'll meet each other next year if I can make my dreams come true and ship my MB1719 to your continent to explore it...so see ya!
....Gott gebe dass es klebe!
...einmal dachte ich, ich hätte Unrecht...aber ich hatte mich getäuscht!

Monny
abgefahren
#16 Beitrag von Monny » 2007-04-23 1:26:45

the simple story about the shortness of DB parts in the US is - when DB wanted to play a role in the US market they simply bought Freightliner. Thats why there are nearly no parts to find for your 1419 in the US.
I have no idea about the connections to middle/south America, there it should be no problem to find the stuff, Mercedes still produces trucks e. g. in Brazil.
Gruss,
Monny

Deutschland 1968:
"Mama, fahren wir mal die Oma besuchen?"
"Das geht leider nicht, mein Kind, die Oma wohnt in der Zone"

Deutschland 2008:
"Mama, fahren wir mal die Oma besuchen?"
"Das geht leider nicht, mein Kind, die Oma wohnt in der Zone"

Uwe
Forenteam
#17 Beitrag von Uwe » 2007-04-23 8:03:37

Joaquin Suave hat geschrieben:Uwe wrote:
I not exactly sure what you mean, so I'll reply that what i think you mean...
Sorry, I meant a part time 4x4 in contrary to permanent 4x4 which would need a differential gear in the t-case.

Uwe

Joaquin Suave
neues Mitglied
#18 Beitrag von Joaquin Suave » 2007-04-25 21:43:04

Uwe Wrote:
Sorry, I meant a part time 4x4 in contrary to permanent 4x4 which would need a differential gear in the t-case.
Hey no problem! I'll use any excuse to rant and rave!

No wonder I didn't understand...The US is too backwards to think about putting differentals in the transfer-case. The rockwell I have (t-223H) is your basic engage / disengage front axle & high / low range.

Monny Wrote:
I have no idea about the connections to middle/south America, there it should be no problem to find the stuff, Mercedes still produces trucks e. g. in Brazil.
HEY GOOD IDEA!!! I'll check into sources "down south" ( I'll think I avoid Venazuela though)

All(r)addin Wrote:
I like a lot the design of your old truck!...I don't know about your financial situation, but probably you could also think of shipping the truck to Europa and get it modificated here (around 2-3000$ one way...) at least you'd find a lot of helping experts and used parts here..or the other idea is to buy a MB or Deutz 4x4 (starting from 4000$ or something) here in Europa and bring it back to the states...might be a problem with the US import reglementations but is also a good chance to get your 4x4 truck...I'm not sure about the pricing for used parts, but here in switzerland a used axle would also cost you at least 1600$...
I think I would rather buy a truck off of Mobile.de and ship it here. In the mean time I'm going to fit the 1419 with a US transfer-case & front drive axle. Then at that point I might sell it and fly over and find a NICE truck (an allrad or mog).

All(r)addin Wrote:
Anyway..wish you good luck and maybe we'll meet each other next year if I can make my dreams come true and ship my MB1719 to your continent to explore it...so see ya!
COME ON OVER!!!!! Give me some notice and I'll fire up the BBQ and throw a bottle of tequila in the freeze! If I like you...I'll take you down to Baja and show you where to get the cheap drugs and hookers (hi-quality though) :D

No I all seriousness! I have lots of room and would LOVE to play host to any of you!

Makabrios wrote:
Hi to the West Coast, Regards to Big Sur
Hi back! Its a beautiful day about 68f and a light wind, surf is about 5' from the north.
I'm about 1 1/2 hours south of Big Sir, right behind the Pismo dunes. GREAT Off-roading!!!

Bild

Makabrios wrote:

regarding the engine of casa azul I also think that the Ford and Chevy V8 diesel engines are too weak. Not because of the hp , but because the constructions themselves are converted gas engines and therefore structurally not designed to endure self ignition. The big bloc is a magnificent pick up gasoline engine in Ford and Chevy. Only Dodge sells in their Pickups with the Cummins an Engine which was designed for truck and construction machinery use.
Casa is a F700 with a GVW of 10.5 tons and has a small Detroit motor in it. before getting the 1419, I was thinking of swapping motors and putting in a Cummins 6CTA (+/- 300 hp) like in Libelula.
Zuletzt geändert von Joaquin Suave am 2007-04-25 21:45:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Antworten