Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
RoamIt
neues Mitglied

Parts Availability

#1 Beitrag von RoamIt » 2023-09-09 1:40:56

Hello,

I have a 1995 Mercedes 1224AF. I had a rear brake cylinder start leaking and need a rebuild kit or a whole new cylinder. I've had no luck tracking down these parts. Most of the time the answer is that they would need to be ordered, but they have no idea of when they would actually ship. And it could be 6+ months.

Another company said they could get the repair kit, but it would take 3 months, I said OK. But when I followed up with them, they said it was delayed another 8 weeks. My one contact in Germany said that I could send the cylinder to a company there he knew of, and they would 'probably' be able to repair it, then ship it back.

I did expect to have to ship parts, but I did not anticipate it taking 3-4+ months, or just not available. I'm building my truck into an Overlander and I hate to think I would be on the side of the road somewhere and having this situation.

So I thought I would reach out here and see if anyone new a good parts supplier, or had any suggestions. I had no problem getting an alternator & starter, so I'm hoping that its just the brakes that are hard to find.

For clarity, the part I'm looking for is Mercedes #A014 420 99 18. The WABCO part is #9254281040

Any help would be appreciated!!

felix
Forumsgeist

Re: Parts Availability

#2 Beitrag von felix » 2023-09-09 2:19:04

Hi,

without knowing your cylinder in detail: the diaphragm of this cylinders are standard parts that should be available. So if it’s not a spring loaded cylinder, it should be easy to open it and take the broken diaphragm as sample to buy a new one.

But the way: where are you located?

MlG
Felix

lura
Säule des Forums

#3 Beitrag von lura » 2023-09-09 4:16:15

Hi Roamit, welcome here. Mercedes Benz Truck or now new Daimler truck use the VIN to register all parts of a truck in there own computersystem. Thany user here can use this system to find the spsrepaart for every Mercedes truck built since probably the 1980's.
Let us now the VIN of Your truck and I think any user here may find the number of the sparepart.
So You can find it in the www.
Do You have been at Daimler Truck or Freightliner (a daughter company) in US? I think the can hrlp You while using the VIN.
Gruß
Bernd

Gewinne Zeit durch Langsamkeit

RoamIt
neues Mitglied

#4 Beitrag von RoamIt » 2023-09-09 5:09:11

Thanks for the reply's,

I'm in the US. As noted, I have part numbers. I have the MB parts/diagram program installed on my computer.

The issue is that since my truck was never sold in this country, no Mercedes dealership here has the part numbers come up in their system. WABCO makes the brake part in question, and the WABCO dealers in the states also don't have the part numbers in their system either.

WABCO customer service couldn't/wouldn't tell me who actually had the part in stock, so they were a dead end as well.

If I find the repair kit, WABCO part #9253280012, I'll fix it myself. But I ordered those on June 1st and I still don't have them. I've reached out to probably a dozen different companies, here in the US, Canada, Europe. I just didn't think it was going to be a challenge to find such a basic part.

My VIN is WDB6502821K049143

I was hoping that I could get a lead on a company that could be a source for parts for my truck. I've got an order in with https://spareto.com/ but I've tried them before and the order sat there for a few days, then they emailed me and said they didn't have it and did not know when/if they would. But I just tried again out of desperation and they have not rejected the order yet. If I can find out who actually has the parts/repair kits, I'll rebuild them all, rebuild the entire brake system. I would hate to be on the side of the road somewhere remote and be in this situation. Luckily for me I was local and got the truck home when the air warning light came on and the pedal got soft :eek:

lura
Säule des Forums

#5 Beitrag von lura » 2023-09-09 5:28:01

I understand this meaning don't stay at the site of the road.
You are well prepared for using a MB1224. I use the same truck.
Here in germany we have many dealer in www.
For example this
https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_nkw=mem ... 4084.l1313

Or please try it at my local dealer, the said one times, they deliver around the world. I ask there for delivery to Us, then I send an information to You.
Gruß
Bernd

olaf
süchtig

#6 Beitrag von olaf » 2023-09-09 14:45:15

Wabco inform states the refurbishment kit is 9253280012 and a complementary part is 9254281030. This is a photo of it on Wabcos website:

Bild

The cylinder is a Tristop one. Don't try to open the cylinder! You have to turn the screw in the center of the back part completly out (it cant be removed, see the right side on the photo, there you can see the screw in loosened position) to keep the spring of the parking brake in a save position before opening the cylinder.
The spring is very powerful and will release with heavy force when opening the cylinder without loosing the screw first and can seriously harm you.

The best way to loose the screw is when you have filled up the trucks pneumatic system and the handbrake is released. Then the cylinder is under pressure and you can loosen the screw easily. Lock the wheels of the truck when working under it with released parking brake.

Try to find a dealer next to you here.

BR

Olaf

RoamIt
neues Mitglied

#7 Beitrag von RoamIt » 2023-09-09 17:13:06

Olaf, thanks, I have been on the WABCO site and searched for dealers in the US. That's how I found out that the part numbers are not in the North American system. From the WABCO site, I also reached out to their customer service, they cannot tell me who actually has the parts they make. Which I thought to be not very good customer service :wack:

And yes, I know its a spring loaded cylinder, and I'm not going to try and open it until I understand it better. Thanks for the advice! Or I'll have a professional do it if I feel its beyond me, I've rebuilt cars before, and have a well equipped shop, but heavy trucks are new to me. I have the schematics.

Lura, I'll try the ebay link you sent, thank you very much!

I love this truck and will do what I have to get it back on the road and travel in it.

lura
Säule des Forums

#8 Beitrag von lura » 2023-09-09 22:32:15

HI Roamit, You welcome. If there any thing is wrong with the dealer let me know, we will find a way for the brother of my truck.

The spare part number at evobus is A0004305060
Gruß
Bernd

RoamIt
neues Mitglied

#9 Beitrag von RoamIt » 2023-09-13 4:01:51

I might have a brake cylinder coming (?) We will see.

I appreciate the help! If I don't receive it, I'll be back with another cry for help again!

dehngitter
neues Mitglied

#10 Beitrag von dehngitter » 2023-09-13 9:00:10

Hi Roamlt,

I have access to the advanced Wabco Inform Database. The above mentioned repair kit consists of:

- 1pc diaphragm, part # 8971216104 (MB A0004313128)
- 1pc hose stud, part # 8931219404 (MB A0004210111)
- 1pc boot, part # 8977532604 (MB A0004213886)

Perhaps you'll be more successful with these part numbers.
If you need the full spare parts list for your brake cylinder, let me know.

Good luck and feel free to keep us in the loop.

Regards Sebastian

lura
Säule des Forums

#11 Beitrag von lura » 2023-09-18 11:07:52

RoamIt hat geschrieben:
2023-09-13 4:01:51
I might have a brake cylinder coming (?) We will see.

I appreciate the help! If I don't receive it, I'll be back with another cry for help again!
Hi Roamit,
don't hesitate to cry loud and clear :D :D
Gruß
Bernd

Antworten