Magirus Found in Africa - Driver is diseased

Reisen, Camping, Fernweh, Navigation, ...

Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
BlackHammer
infiziert

Magirus Found in Africa - Driver is diseased

#1 Beitrag von BlackHammer » 2019-11-26 6:46:07

Hello everyone, a friend of a friend is travelling in Africa and is reaching out to try and find the family of the diseased owner of a Magirus located in Sierra Leone.

The driver is dead and the truck is being pillaged by locals. If you know how to contact the family of the owner, message me and I’ll put you in contact with the person who sent this message:

We came across a rather sad situation yesterday in a village called Zimmy (about 10 miles from Taninahun) there is a German Overlander truck and motorbike parked outside the Zimmy police station (see photos) About 3 months ago the truck got stuck on one of the local back roads and sadly the driver died. Its difficult to get a clear/truthful understanding of what has happened but it would appear that the body has been taken by his family (not 100% certain this is true) but the vehicles have been parked for 3 months outside the police station.

My understanding is that they cannot do anything with the vehicles without the owners consent however everything of value is slowly disappearing. If it stays much longer it fairly certain it will be stripped and the motorbike will disappear.

We would like to offer some support to the family to resolve this sad situation but communications from here are so bad I need some help to get things started. If possible I want to get things moving before we leave SL. I am not sure how but are you in a position to try and find his family?
Colin mat be able to help.

If you are OK could you contact his family and offer our help to repair/move/store the vehicles. Some fairly large cost are involved as everything here involves a lot of official paperwork and backhanders.

After the vehicles are released from the police it will be possible to decide what to do with them. If sold import duties will need paying and a rather complex registration process needs to be followed.

We can help if they are happy to pay the costs.

What do you think?
Zuletzt geändert von Wilmaaa am 2019-11-26 7:16:47, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Edited. See PN.

BlackHammer
infiziert

Re: Magirus Found in Africa - Driver is diseased

#3 Beitrag von BlackHammer » 2019-11-26 16:04:47

Wilmaa, i understand in theory the local police should handle this. However, the message I received indicates that the truck is being stripped by the locals and the police are not stopping it. My contact in Africa is trying to advise the family because the local cops are not doing so and is trying to offer assistance with technical and possibly mechanical details.

Wilmaaa
Forenteam

#4 Beitrag von Wilmaaa » 2019-11-26 17:18:45

In what way would the pictures have been helpful to advise the family what to do with the truck or how to deal with local authorities?

If they want the truck taken home, they should say so and last time this happened, people here on the forum were more than willing to organise drivers.
Ich hab einen Virus: den H-A-N-O-M-A-G-I-R-U-S
-----
"Frauen haben in der Küche nichts zu suchen. Sie müssen sich um die Schweine kümmern und den Traktor schmieren." (Charlotte MacLeod)
-----
"Das ist also ein Kleinbus und ein LKW in einem." (Mitarbeiterin über den 170er)

heinz4motion
Selbstlenker

#5 Beitrag von heinz4motion » 2019-11-26 17:55:02

Wenn der Magirus seit Anfang September lt. Polizeibericht da fest steckt, dann wird heute eh nichts mehr davon übrig sein.

Das erinnert mich irgendwie an einen Film ( Lord of War ?). Ein Flugzeug landet auf einer Piste in Westafrika, und nach und nach verschwindet es. Zuletzt rollen ein paar Eingeborene die Räder weg.

Wilmaaa
Forenteam

#6 Beitrag von Wilmaaa » 2019-11-26 18:19:51

heinz4motion hat geschrieben:
2019-11-26 17:55:02
Wenn der Magirus seit Anfang September lt. Polizeibericht da fest steckt, dann wird heute eh nichts mehr davon übrig sein.
Im Moment steht das Fahrzeug ja vor der Polizeistation.

Der Rest Deines Beitrags ist nicht hilfreich.
-----
"Frauen haben in der Küche nichts zu suchen. Sie müssen sich um die Schweine kümmern und den Traktor schmieren." (Charlotte MacLeod)
-----
"Das ist also ein Kleinbus und ein LKW in einem." (Mitarbeiterin über den 170er)

BlackHammer
infiziert

#7 Beitrag von BlackHammer » 2019-11-26 23:57:40

The photos are recent, taken by the friend of a friend. They were to help identify the vehicle and to show the damage being done and that the police are not protecting the vehicle sufficiently. Someone has broken into the camper and presumably stolen some things. Wood boards have been nailed to cover where the door was. It is being stripped. Let’s not wait for a repeat of the Lord of War scene...

We are assuming the family is not aware of this. Also, there is someone on-site now willing to help resolve the issue.

KlausU
abgefahren

#8 Beitrag von KlausU » 2019-11-27 9:45:46

Sorry, aber der Thread kommt mir ein wenig merkwürdig vor.
Warum sollen eventuelle Angehörige keine Ahnung von dem Fahrzeug haben ?
Das Kennzeichen steht deutlich im von TobiasXY verlinkten Beitrag und die Identität des Toten ist auch klar.
Dann wird auch die Deutsche Botschaft erwähnt.
Viele Grüße
Klaus

heinz4motion
Selbstlenker

#9 Beitrag von heinz4motion » 2019-11-27 13:47:22

KlausU hat geschrieben:
2019-11-27 9:45:46
Sorry, aber der Thread kommt mir ein wenig merkwürdig vor.
Warum sollen eventuelle Angehörige keine Ahnung von dem Fahrzeug haben ?
Das Kennzeichen steht deutlich im von TobiasXY verlinkten Beitrag und die Identität des Toten ist auch klar.
Dann wird auch die Deutsche Botschaft erwähnt.
Ja, darum ist hier alles spekulativ.
Aber als Angehöriger würde ich mich und den ADAC fragen: Gibt es ein Carnet? Wenn ja, über welchen Fahrzeugwert? Wenn nein, dann lass den Magirus einfach da stehen und die Leute damit machen was sie wollen.

CharlieOnTour
abgefahren

#10 Beitrag von CharlieOnTour » 2019-11-27 16:23:41

Hallo,
2 Minuten googlen haben eine Todesanzeige des Schwarzwaelder Boten mit einem Nachruf der Schwester Petra gefunden.
Vielleicht hilft es ja.

Gruß
Chris
Zuletzt geändert von Wilmaaa am 2019-11-27 16:32:55, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Editiert.
DER Tipp für die 7,5t Fahrer: Beine rasieren 😜

Till
abgefahren

#11 Beitrag von Till » 2019-11-27 16:38:07

Tach zusammen,

schon schockierend die Geschichte... Ob sein Reisekollegen ihn erschossen halt weil er den LKW schon wieder ins Schlammloch gefahren hat? Die Authoposie wirds zeigen. Mir scheint die Geschichte mit anderem Charakter als der andere Vorfall (war ja auch ein Deutz...) vor einiger Zeit. Deswegen sehe ich da keine Not das Ding wieder hochzuholen.

Grüße,

Till

Wilmaaa
Forenteam

#12 Beitrag von Wilmaaa » 2019-11-27 16:40:46

So lange es keine Infos aus erster Hand gibt, können wir nicht beurteilen, inwieweit Hilfe nötig oder gewollt ist.
-----
-----

Antworten