Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Bdelaporte
neues Mitglied

Iveco Magirus 90-16 transmission trouble

#1 Beitrag von Bdelaporte » 2017-08-06 0:40:13

Hello, I am a new member who only recently found this forum. I have owned my 90-16 for almost a year here in Wyoming, USA.

Yesterday while driving my truck off-road in rough terrain, I developed a transmission problem. I was not able to place the transmission in 1st, 3rd or 5th gear. It was as if those 3 slots within the gearbox was no longer there when I pulled the shifter towards me. The reverse gear, 2nd and 4th worked as they should although the actual shifter was not as smooth as normal.

Once in gear (reverse, 2nd or 4th), the truck drove as it should without any irregular noise coming from the gearbox. There was no grinding or metallic noise as if there was an actual gear issue within the transmission.

I was able to drive the truck home over a couple hours without issue by using the available gears.

The only issue is that I cannot shift into those 3 gears. Typically this is a mechanical linkage issue with the selector mechanism or gearbox controls. I lifted the cab to review the linkage at the gearbox as well as the connector box below the shifter inside of the cab. I do not see anything that looks out of place or bent.

Not being familiar with the ZF S5-35/2 transmission, I was hoping for some assstance from one of you with experience regarding this truck.

Thank you in advance for any ideas that you may have regarding the repair of this issue.

Wilmaaa
Forenteam
#2 Beitrag von Wilmaaa » 2017-08-06 8:14:31

I'll make a rough translation for those who might want to help but don't speak English well enough.
Für die, die nicht so gut Englisch können, aber helfen wollen, hier eine grobe Übersetzung:
Beim 90-16 gingen bei Geländefahrt die Gänge 1, 3 und 5 nicht mehr rein. Die anderen ließen sich problemlos benutzen und dabei gab es auch keine Geräusche o.ä.
Auch mechanisch ließ sich auf den ersten Blick kein Problem erkennen.
Ich hab einen Virus: den H-A-N-O-M-A-G-I-R-U-S
-----
"Frauen haben in der Küche nichts zu suchen. Sie müssen sich um die Schweine kümmern und den Traktor schmieren." (Charlotte MacLeod)
-----
"Das ist also ein Kleinbus und ein LKW in einem." (Mitarbeiterin über den 170er)

felix
Forumsgeist

Re: Iveco Magirus 90-16 transmission trouble

#3 Beitrag von felix » 2017-08-06 9:17:26

Good morning,

First step I would recommend to check the cabin mounts because they might broke or moved in offroad. The gearbox is mounted to the frame, the shifting lever to your cabin: A misplaced cabin could influence the setting of your shifting.

Next you can disconnect the shifting rod from the gearbox and try to shift gears with big pliers directly on the gearbox to see if the issue is internal or external.

All the best,
Felix

Bdelaporte
neues Mitglied

Re:

#4 Beitrag von Bdelaporte » 2017-08-06 18:45:25

Wilmaaa hat geschrieben:I'll make a rough translation for those who might want to help but don't speak English well enough.
Für die, die nicht so gut Englisch können, aber helfen wollen, hier eine grobe Übersetzung:
Beim 90-16 gingen bei Geländefahrt die Gänge 1, 3 und 5 nicht mehr rein. Die anderen ließen sich problemlos benutzen und dabei gab es auch keine Geräusche o.ä.
Auch mechanisch ließ sich auf den ersten Blick kein Problem erkennen.

Thank you Wilmaaa! I lived in Berlin many years ago with the US military, but my German language is limited nowadays, especially when dealing with technical issues. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Bdelaporte
neues Mitglied

Re: Iveco Magirus 90-16 transmission trouble

#5 Beitrag von Bdelaporte » 2017-08-06 18:51:34

felix hat geschrieben:Good morning,

First step I would recommend to check the cabin mounts because they might broke or moved in offroad. The gearbox is mounted to the frame, the shifting lever to your cabin: A misplaced cabin could influence the setting of your shifting.

Next you can disconnect the shifting rod from the gearbox and try to shift gears with big pliers directly on the gearbox to see if the issue is internal or external.

All the best,
Felix
Felix, Thank younformyour comments. I agree that those are good places to start. When you say "cabin" I assume you mean the cabin side of the linkage as the cabin is locked in place at the rear when driving. That side of the linkage is very difficult to reach even with the cabin tilted. I'll don't have a schematic of what the parts on that side look like or if there are bearing or bushings to replace. Thank you again..

Bruce
Dateianhänge
IMG_4436.JPG
IMG_4436.JPG

Antworten