Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Ivan de wit
infiziert

Heating FM2 Dornier Kabine

#1 Beitrag von Ivan de wit » 2017-12-17 11:44:51

In the army the Dornier FM2 shelter is heated throughout the vents in between the two sheets of aluminium. The innerlayer has small holes were the warm air is coming out. Does someone used this technique together with a Webasto AirTop?

Im considering to make use of this this technique. Maybe the AirTop is too small to reach the whole area.

1ten
Schlammschipper

Re: Heating FM2 Dornier Kabine

#2 Beitrag von 1ten » 2017-12-17 20:42:35

Kurzübersetzung:
Hat schonmal jemand einen Dornier Shelter über die original Luftkanäle mit einer Dual Top (o.ä.) beheizt?
hi Ivan,

as I heard (no personal experience) the original heatings had been external types and quite huge (>10KW): I cannot imagine, any dual top is capable for this requirement. Did you consider a real oven (german: feststoffofen)?

we would rebuild the two sheeted construction and replace it whith a solid insulation (Dämmung), but this is quite a lot of work and I would not do this a second time in my live ;)

planing to install a standard truma (or similar) later

gruss, 1ten
[ˈwʌntɛn] : MB 914 AK

rdhrkns
neues Mitglied

#3 Beitrag von rdhrkns » 2017-12-18 14:59:31

Hello Ivan,

I'm planning to do exactly as you describe using a 2kW Airtop unit. Installation will follow the current interior build somewhere in the Q1 phase of 2018.

If you want PN me, so we can discuss in Dutch if you want.

-Ruud
Steyr 12M18 SW, 1987 | Dornier FM 2

Ivan de wit
infiziert

#4 Beitrag von Ivan de wit » 2017-12-20 12:01:49

The 10Kw air heater is based upon quick heat in extreme cold. Half of the vents aint used in the case of a camper. So warm air is only blowing out on the places that need warm air. The air is better distributed around the shelter instead of use of ducts. Warm air in between the layers of aluminium also keeps the shelter warmer and prevents condensation. It’s worth trying.

sascha71
Überholer

#5 Beitrag von sascha71 » 2017-12-23 21:45:05

Hi,

i have no personal experience with the original setup. With the modification of our shelter, i spend some time figuring out, how the unit works.
The Dornier was build like an fuselage of an aircraft (functionally) with the difference of the soundproving isolation.
A typical heater will probably not have enough volume to Transport the hot air everywhere you need it to be without additional support.
Roof and floor are not ventilated , if you have any moisture, it will go there through the isolation and joints. The Floor is designed to collect water, the roof not.
For me, the cheepest and most efficient way to convert a Dornier is to add the insolation to the inside wall. We were not willing to give up interior, so we chose not to go that way and are still working on the Isolation and some other things :dry:

@ After removing the rails from the bottom, it took 1/2 hour to drain the shelter even though no
craks or leaks were visual from the outside, explaines the floorconstruction.

@ manual keyboard :rock: ipad :bored: changing config-time saving but too lazy :blush:

Good Luck

Antworten